Anna Rohm - Meet and Funky

Anna Rohm

Share:
Anna Rohm -
 
0
 
 
 
 
 

Servus Anna Rohm, the German Director of rooms at the Mandarin Oriental.

Anna  Rohm

Anna Rohm

You lived in Jakarta for 2 years. Where did you live before and why did you take the plunge into the hotel industry in Jakarta?

I lived in the Middle East for nearly 6 years in the UAE, Egypt and Jordan. Having worked a good amount of time in the Middle East, I wanted to try Asia. Although I knew Jakarta was the capital of Indonesia, I knew nothing about Indonesia more to know about Bali. I came to Jakarta (besides the fact that it was Asia) because of the chain Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Known for being a prestigious luxury hotel chain I could not say "no" to the job.

What are the Director of Rooms responsibilities? Are vary from hotel to hotel?

The director of the bedrooms is responsible for short and long-term planning and operations overnight rooms and related areas. The main areas of responsibility / Management: Front Office, Customer Services, Housekeeping, uniforms and concierge services. I also participate in   hotel management as a member of the Executive Committee of the hotel. The management structure may change from hotel to hotel, for example, some rooms have more Director of fields such as fitness and well-being or safety. In other hotels, they can not have a director of the House, but working with a manager / front office manager division facilities reporting to an operations manager who would be responsible for all operational functions such as engineering / Food & Beverage / Housekeeping / Front Office / security. Then yes! It varies from hotel to hotel depending on the property and structure.

Have you had to build on the specific traits or qualities to succeed in this town? And if so, what are they?

Patience 😉

I hear you have an adorable son. What is his name and how old is he?

His name is Amir Lawrence, but his nickname is Lolo. It is now four years old.

where you take to have fun?

SHOPPING CENTER !!! Yeay !!! (Joking) My Son and I vary our activities. One of my favorite things is when he asks me to go out and have a pizza with him. I went several times to Rangunan Zoo. We like to be outside and that is one area that I feel free to let it run about without worrying about traffic. I went to Ancol Seaworld with him more than once. The lazy days he and I will be sharing the pool MO fitness Mango (his favorite drink). But his favorite is when I am on vacation. He loved Bali being at the beach and playing with the waves. He also liked to go to Yogyakarta and visit Borobudur and Prambanan.

Is it hard being a single mother in Jakarta?

I personally think that Asia / Middle East are the easiest places to be a single working mother. In Europe and North America using household and nannies are simply unaffordable. Having the ability to have a nanny job while I was making my life a lot easier. My experiences with Indonesian nannies were very good. The way they love and adore children and take care of them made my job to let my child in the care of someone else while I work much more bearable.

Since living in Jakarta, have you noticed the improvements that have been living here easier for you?

I can not complain about anything in particular (even traffic that I did not, fortunately, do a lot of travel around Jakarta).

As you answer this interview, what purpose do you have right on your computer screen that stands out the most? What traits does that part of the object with you?

In addition to mention a fairly typical response of a picture of my family and son with his paintings, I have pictures of my most efficient reception staff. They are probably the most personal elements that I have in the office. I'm really happy that I have a good team. My employees are people that I have a tremendous amount of respect for happy, excited, outgoing and attentive.

What are 3 things you could not live without in Jakarta?

laptop (connection with friends and family abroad).

Beer (but I could not live without in general, be a true German at heart).

out with my friends.

What was your memory most memorable New Year?

In Venice when I had friends and family visit me in my home. I cooked a sumptuous feast of Italian cuisine, accompanied by a good wine. Walking the streets of Venice at night go to St. Mark's Square and watching the fireworks from the Rialto Bridge. Once we all came home, my brother and I went to the only nightclub in Venice at the time which was great fun.

How will you celebrate New Year's Eve this year?

I'll be at Mandarin Oriental Jakarta this year. My sister is visiting me from Austria. I'll enjoy a sumptuous dinner, but relaxing at Lyon and then watch the action right from the bustle of the New Year on my own door opposite the Mandarin Oriental. In fact, I'll watch the fireworks with my sister to our Club Lounge on the 21 st floor, we are so lucky to have such a place!

 
0